Thursday, 3 November 2011

Read all about it!! Read all about it!! Newspaper nails!!

I'd seen photos of newspaper nails flying all over Pinterest (and yes, I did repin) and really wanted to give it a go.


Here is what the process involves:


1. A coat or two of your chosen colour. I would recommend lighter tones as it really brings out the inked lettering from the newspaper.


2. Cut out little sections of newspaper, a bit bigger than each nail.


3. Dip the newspaper bits into some surgical spirits or any other white alcohol (apparently vodka works).


4. Place the newspaper over each nail and press down firmly. Keep checking the nail to see if it has printed, and if it hasn't, put more alcohol over the newspaper and press down again.


And TA DAAA! Newspaper nails! Put a little coat of top coat and done! 



In these photos I put some China Glaze Matte Magic over the top, just to make it more newspapery. I think next time I do this, I will use a newer alcohol, simply because I think it will make the ink transfer better to the nail. I think these came out a little too faded out. What do you think?


Wig Wam xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
I love getting all your comments cos it helps me remember that I'm not just chatting to myself!!! So leave a note and say heeeeeey if you like! I'm not a fan of links being posted on my blog though, so if you want me to check something out please e-mail me at email.wigwam@gmail.com. Gracias!
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...