Monday, 21 May 2012

Easy peasy glitter gradient mani - Cutepolish stylee!

Heyyyy Nail-lovers!!


Before I start this post, I will interrupt myself because I am a bit too excited about my first encounter with the Essie counter at the massive Boots on Oxford Street (in London). I almost wanted to take a photo of it and then realised I would look a bit weird slash suspicious but I can promise you I saw it with my own eyes cos I bought the Tart Deco colour that I've been loving in some of you bloggers' posts. But that's not all my dear friends... I had a lovely £5 voucher for No 7 so bought the limited edition gold glitter topcoat too. Once I have got bored of my current mani and try these out I will obviously post some photitos of designs with hte polishes.


Now I will shut up about that and show you what I actually wanted this post to be about.


For those of you who haven't watched Cutepolish's incredible videos on youtube, you have to check them out here. She offers "easy and cute nail art" which is certainly true! The designs look great and the majority of them are quite simple, only requiring a few colours and a dotting tool which she shows you how to make if you haven't got them already. I have to admit that some are pretty challenging and require a suuuuuuper steady hand but that all comes with practice practice practice (as my Dad repeated to me a million times when I was frustrated with drum kit practice).


I've seen gradient manis all over the shop, appearing in tonnes and tonnes of you lovely bloggers' posts and I suddenly thought: I feel brave enough to do one!! All that sponge business seemed a bit faffy so I found a brilliant video tutorial from Cutepolish that actually looked do-able (that is a word right...?) Check it out below:

The brilliant thing about this mani is that glitter covers all the sins of misplaced brush strokes and instead makes it look super amazing and tres chic baby!

I chose to use blues and used: 
No 7 Minty Fresh as it is a thin layerable formula for the base coat
Nails Inc Queensgate Terrace halfway up and dabbing on to the nail, then when that had dried I dabbed it on the end to make it solid colour
Miss Sporty Sparkle Touch for the forgiving glitter over the top
CY Stamp It! in Star For a little star on each nail that you can just about see on the photos

And this is how they came out:




I liked the overall look but it's not something I would usually go for. Maybe if I tried a more striking colour with some neons it would be a bit edgier and bolder (just how I like it!!) and a bit more me.

Have you guys tried any of Cutepolish's designs??

Wig Wam xx

12 comments:

  1. We just got the essie stand but they are way overpriced so I think they will stay in the shop :P Can't wait to see your swatches though :) Dying to see the gold glitter topcoat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh mann they are pretty expensive I know! I felt kinda guilty seeing as I have no job and all. But! Think of the beauty that it will create!!!

      Delete
  2. These are cute!! Your nails are so long and luscious they are making my nails jealous :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounded like Lane? Yeah they are quite nice and long now. I tend to ignore it when they peel and paint over them. Woopsies!

      Delete
  3. It seems easy and the result is fantastic! I would like to try something like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely give it a try! You don't need to be amazing at nail art to make it look nice!

      Delete
  4. I will really have to give this a try at some point! Can't wait for the Essie swatches! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm almost annoyed that this gradient mani is so fresh! I just wanna try the new ones hehehehe.

      Delete
  5. Oh I love watching cutepolish! I enjoy listening to her calm voice lol. "i'll see you next time" hehe
    I love the way uour mani turned out! I'd love to see what it would look like with other colors too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yes you're so right! Do you think with that voice maybe she is a yoga teacher or something?!

      Delete
  6. I so need to get me some of those stars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just taken this mani off and the stars were annoyingly difficult to get off! No idea if the stars are available here as my Chilean aunt bought them for me!

      Delete

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
I love getting all your comments cos it helps me remember that I'm not just chatting to myself!!! So leave a note and say heeeeeey if you like! I'm not a fan of links being posted on my blog though, so if you want me to check something out please e-mail me at email.wigwam@gmail.com. Gracias!
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...