Sunday, 20 May 2012

Crochet project: Arsenal scarf!

Hey everyone!
Today I thought I would share a little crochet project that I've been working on for about..... A YEAR!! It is an Arsenal scarf for my good friend Arthur and he kindly bought all the wool so that I would have a lovely project to work on! The only thing is that I slightly lost my crochet bug and completely forgot about the project. It was especially shameful whenever I would see Arthur and he would always ask me about the length of the scarf, and I would have to concede that it hadn't actually gotten any longer. Eek!


But this week I have decided that the scarf has to be ready by Arthur's birthday. Which gives me a target date of 14th July!!! It has grown a lot in this week of inspiration. Take a look:


This is the lovely wool I'm using that we bought from my local wool shop Tricolette


The red and the white for Arsenal!!

The length of the scarf as it stands. Only long enough for one wrap around the neck!! I have a long way to go!!
I couldn't resist putting in a nail shot in here!!
So I'm hoping that by posting my progress on here, I will feel driven and compelled to keep crocheting  to get it finished on time!!! And if you don't see any posts about it, please feel free to leave encouraging comments or email me at email.wigwam@gmail.com to get me into gear!!!


Do you reckon I will get it done on time??


Wig Wam xx


PS If you're interested, the nail colour is one of the Sally Hansen bottles I talked about in this post and it's called cocktail hour. Also you might notice a failed stripyness on the ring finger.... it just peeled right off grr!!

9 comments:

  1. I think you'll get it done :) it looks great so far

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh thanks Cuti-CLUE-les hope so!! (Your name is so hard to write hehe!!) Please get on at me to do it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so good!
    I'm your new follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Demi Mist! And thanks for following! It's nice to know some people read it. I'm following you too :)

      Delete
  4. hahaha i hope you get it done on time! for arthurs sake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah poor Arthur.... I WILL DO IT!!!! I promise lol!!

      Delete
  5. AAAAH! I LOVE ARSENAL! LOVE THIS! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep your eyes peeled for the finished article! I might do a daily "length of scarf" post as encouragement.

      I've also decided to get into football and I've chosen Arsenal as my team (I think). Arthur says I may have lost my life now hahaha.

      Delete
  6. Yay the scarf is getting there! I'm sure you'll get it done! Go you!! :D Aw your mani is cute! Sucks that the stripes fell off though! lol :D

    ReplyDelete

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
I love getting all your comments cos it helps me remember that I'm not just chatting to myself!!! So leave a note and say heeeeeey if you like! I'm not a fan of links being posted on my blog though, so if you want me to check something out please e-mail me at email.wigwam@gmail.com. Gracias!
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...