Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Handmade lemon drizzle bee cake

Heeeeey Everyone!!

A couple of weeks ago, my sister (Figgy) and I were entrusted in baking our little baby cuzzy a birthday cake for his first birthday! I should point out now that my sister and her friend Lane are champion cake bakers, hence the important request made of them. I was more of a heavily involved assistant in this crafty-bakey adventure and had loads of fun making it! 


Figgy has made her own post about the bee cake but I thought I would put my own piccies up. They are eeeeever so slightly different you know! Tehe! 

Here's the bakey rundown:

It took many layers of cake...
to get a very special suprise black and yellow layered inside...
this is what black colouring in a cake mix looks like...
a little bit grey and yukky looking (but still tasty I promise!)
we used bright yellow colouring from Asda
and the rind of a few lemons in the mix...

using their juice mixed with icing sugar to pour into holes in the cake layers for a juicy moist lemon drizzle cake!

This is me adding the finishing touches....



After some rummaging in a kitchen drawer I found some suitable antennae! (bag fastener thingys!!)


Photo stolen from Figgy Lane's blog


TA DA!! The finished article! We were assured by the captive audience that it was delicious! I have to say it was pretty spesh! Even baby cuzzy had his first bit of cake 

Thanks for checking out mine and Figgy's baking efforts!! If you enjoyed that, you will definitely enjoy Figgy and Lane's blog as they are super duper at baking lovely cakes and they even like doing nails too. Take a look here: http://figgylane.blogspot.co.uk/  plus they have a few more piccies of the inside!!!



Wig Wam xx

7 comments:

  1. Omg that is truely adorable! I love it and it looks sooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was delish even if I say so myself! Have a look at their other cakes... my fave is the duck pond!

      Delete
  2. Mmm yummy looking and soooo cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I take credit for the face :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It was soo yummy! And result I have found more piccies I will post in a separate blog post yeyy!!

      Delete
  4. PARABENS PELO BLOG! JÁ ESTOU TE SEGUINDO... SE PUDER RETRIBUIR, FICAREI MUITO GRATA!

    www.lupapodemulher.com.br
    www.lupapodeblog.com.br

    ReplyDelete

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
I love getting all your comments cos it helps me remember that I'm not just chatting to myself!!! So leave a note and say heeeeeey if you like! I'm not a fan of links being posted on my blog though, so if you want me to check something out please e-mail me at email.wigwam@gmail.com. Gracias!
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...