Saturday, 11 August 2012

Patriotic nails // Olympic stylee

Heeey Everyone!!

Super quick post today. As you may already know, I'm working at the Olympic Village (I am too excited by it can you tell?!) and have been seeing loads of female athletes with their flags painted on their nails. Upon enquiring, I found out that there is a dedicated beauty salon for athletes in the village, and they get it all done for free. Amazing!

Not to be outdone, I painted on a little union jack on my singular nail (it was too hard to do on any more haha). I was at Team GB HQ the other day and met loooads of athletes I had been watching on tv. Bizarre!
Not amazing photos, and the union jack is a bit shaky but not too bad for my first ever go. These are my two most prized pins I've received from athletes and delegations. The Olympic Village one was given out by the London Mayor Boris Johnson, and I gotgiven the Team GB badge by one of the team's doctors/ Result!

Right, I must dash off to workies now. Happy Olympicising!!

Wig Wam xx

10 comments:

  1. How cool! I've been enjoying catching glimpses of the athletes' nails on tv! You did an amazing job on yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankies! Mann I am so sad it's all over now :(

      Delete
  2. That's so cool that you're working there, and the pins are amazing! Your nails look brilliant, I love that there's a beauty salon there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah so many people wanna buy/steal my pins. Apparently the team gb one is going for £50-£100!!! Weeeeeyy!

      Delete
  3. That blue looks amazing on you!!!!!!! Love this mani! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what an opportunity!!! And you nails are super skilled done! Patience is a vertue haha!!
    And oh, let me add how much i liked your feathery look in the penguin challenge!!! Haven't had time to let you know since i have been on vacation!
    But it looks great and the interpretation of the rules are always different haha!!/Azure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thaaanks. Yeah it takes a bit of time. Especially if you're busy watching tv at the same time.
      The feathers one is actually my sister's interpretation! BUt yeah go and have a looksie on her page :)

      Delete
  5. I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Click on the link to find out more about it and nominate others as well!! http://shaniemari.blogspot.co.uk/

    I am obsessed with your blog!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shanie Marie! I already have this one but I am happy you chose meee! I will be sure to check out your blog :)

      Delete

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
I love getting all your comments cos it helps me remember that I'm not just chatting to myself!!! So leave a note and say heeeeeey if you like! I'm not a fan of links being posted on my blog though, so if you want me to check something out please e-mail me at email.wigwam@gmail.com. Gracias!
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...