Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Now for something different: bake-tastic times!!

Hey everyone!!


Today is a post to commemorate my recent baking adventures. NOw, I never said that my blog was strictly nail-related did I? But I reckon most of you out there appreciate a little baked sweet goodness to let this one slide right?


Since trying my first ever red velvet cupcake in my cousin's favourite cafe in Gramercy in New York, I have had an undying love (or more correctly, lust) for these tasty cakes. All the others I've tried in London have tasted nice. But that's it. Just nice. Not amazingly yummiliciously tasty which I think is the pre-requisite for any cake that makes your tummy say :)


Soooo to this end I tried making my own and this is what happened when I used the Hummingbird Bakery's recipe at 'Good to Know':


Bloody cute cupcake moulds from poundland


The sludgey tasty mix
TA DA! Cute heart cupcakes (no icing cos they were toooo hot at this point)


And my first attempt came out super yumsies, but I reckon from now on I will be ignoring cooking times for baked things. Cos they were in for way less time than the recipe said but they still weren't moist. Maybe it needs a secret ingredient or technique? Does anybody have good cupcake knowledge on this matter?


Wig Wam xx

10 comments:

  1. Yes! Especially with the (maybe tooo sweet) cream cheese icing :D they disappeared in half an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe that I have never make a cupcake? My friend makes them, and they are beautiful, just as yours too :) I will have to give it a shot :)


    I hope you don't mind me posting a link here, I just wanted to invite you to join my first nail polish giveaway :)
    http://letspolishsomenails.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-100-followers-giveaway-open.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also nominated you for the Kreative Blog Award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I made some cookies last night, but I'm not well-versed in cupcakes. One time I made some with yogurt in them and that seemed to keep them very moist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ms. Strong the yogurt option sounds interesting!! Today it is super horrible and rainy in London so it might be a great time for baking :D

    @Polish AMOR yes and they were soo tasty!!! And bouncy come to think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tagged you with 11 Questions Tag!
    Read more about it here http://zebra-nails.blogspot.com/2012/01/11-questions-tag.html (sorry for the link :) )

    ReplyDelete

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
I love getting all your comments cos it helps me remember that I'm not just chatting to myself!!! So leave a note and say heeeeeey if you like! I'm not a fan of links being posted on my blog though, so if you want me to check something out please e-mail me at email.wigwam@gmail.com. Gracias!
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...