Monday, 14 May 2012

The funny thing about not having a job is...

Hey Readers!

Unemployment is a strange thing... you know you should be doing something productive at all times. Looking up new jobs, working out what is you actually want to do in life (for the record I have NO idea) sifting through all the helpful suggestions of career paths from friends and family and occasionally actually applying for some jobs. I can tell you it hasn't been going well. Unemployment is also the exact same time you remember how fun all your hobbies are, and suddenly find all these projects you have lying around the house unfinished!

At least I've had some time to do a bit of volunteering at a local charity shop. My first task was to dress the shop window. Talk about dropping me in the deep end! I had a shop full of second hand clothes and this is what I came up with:

Unemployment is also a time when you have limited monetary funds, so of course I start buying loads of lovely things!! Take a look at some of the things I've purchased in Mexico and back in the UK... 

Fruit pieces and metallic balls from Mexico

Striping tape from ebay

Bargain buys: two Sally Hansen Diamond Strengths and the Glam Shine 6 hour L'Oreal lip gloss

In the last photo are my bargain buys of the week! I bought them at a make-up stall on Portobello Road Market at the weekend and they all cost a bargain £8 for the lot!!! I tried out the lipgloss on a night out on Saturday (yes don't remind me I am unemployed and penniless... that's just the way I roll haaha) and it did actually last aaaages. Perhaps not for 6 hours if you're having a few (or lots of) drinks but it def had the staying power.


As for the rest of the stuff, I shall be testing them all out in the coming weeks. Obviously between feverishly applying for jobs!! 

Wig Wam xx

PS Anyone got career ideas for me?? 




7 comments:

  1. Oh I just ordered striping tape! Can't wait to see your manicure ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo thanks for the excitement :) You shall be the first to know when a tape-related post appears!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did for the window display! :D
    Aww don't you wish you could make blogging a full time job? Well, I do hehe. I can't wait to see what you do with the striping tape and nail art stuff! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is blogging actually your full time job? Cos that is super cool. Explains why your blog is so profesh ;)

      Delete
  4. well i think you stop procrastinating with your nails!! haha nice window display! cuuute
    do some more volunteering somewhere cus then atleast youre busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the window display! I agree with probably everything you said about unemployment, It's hard right now to find work. It's good that your volunteering though :-) Love your blog..have followed! Looking forward to the nail art with the striping tape :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually woke up thinking about a possible design. Now that is sad!! Yeah it is hard... lots of crappy jobs out there (sales and recruitment, YUK) buuut everyone will be glad to know that I am working on a job app today hehe! Thanks for following :) I am checking out your blog as write, but blogger has changed and I'm not sure how to follow blogs anymore??

      Delete

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
I love getting all your comments cos it helps me remember that I'm not just chatting to myself!!! So leave a note and say heeeeeey if you like! I'm not a fan of links being posted on my blog though, so if you want me to check something out please e-mail me at email.wigwam@gmail.com. Gracias!
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...