Saturday, 9 June 2012

Messy mauve mani... plus glitter!

Heeey Everyone!

You will be glad to know that today's mani does not bring a hangover with it. Hooray! I've been seeing lots of very simple manis with a base colour plus glittery bits on top and have been loving the layered simplistic look so I gave it a go:
I used Model's Own Lilac Dream and No 7 gold glitter top coat 
Please don't look at the crappiness of the first finger.. I did this in a bit of a rushed/careless manner! 

Not sure if you lot can tell that I've been trying to actually take care of my cuticles for once. I have been attacking them with orangewood sticks and cuticle clippers and they're not as dry as usual thanks to a weirdly named product that my Dad* uses called "Mane 'n Tail Hoofmaker." It has actual horses on the front so for a long time I thought it was for horses and I thought he was going nuts. Or at least something declaring itself as a hoofmaker does not sound conducive to softness does it?? But no, turns out it makes your hands and cuticley bits nice and soft!

That's all for now nail-lovers! I'm off to go and pick up my squidgy little sis from the train station :) yeyyyy!!

Wig Wam xx


*He has offered himself to be featured in the blog in a nail-related way (yes that's right. You didn't read that wrong. A NAIL-RELATED way haha!!)soon so keep your eyes peeled for that!!! Watch le space!!

10 comments:

  1. I love it. The gold glitter is gorgeous. Really similar to essence make it golden :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hopefully after a trip to Penny's (!) I might get to have my own one hehe!

      Delete
  2. This is stunning! I love the way the gold glitter looks on top of the lilac shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm loving this style lately!

      Delete
  3. Love your blog and all the pretty nails! I'm a new follower and it would be great if you could follow back. Thanks!

    ~Gina

    http://beautyloveandlipgloss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! Hope you like my future nails!!

      Delete
  4. Very pretty :] I might have to have a look for that top coat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've only ever seen it in the big Boots stores and there's always one or the other sold out (it also comes in a luuurvely glitter!) and £2.50 with the No 7 voucher :D

      Delete
  5. lol Glad there was no hangover :D I love the color and the glitter! Simple, but lovely! Your cuticles look soft :) I didn't know they had products for hands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Do you know that brand? I've never heard of it!! And yes looving this look lately!

      Delete

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
I love getting all your comments cos it helps me remember that I'm not just chatting to myself!!! So leave a note and say heeeeeey if you like! I'm not a fan of links being posted on my blog though, so if you want me to check something out please e-mail me at email.wigwam@gmail.com. Gracias!
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...